Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Week 10

Monday - walked 1.5 miles with Nola.

Tuesday - walked 1.5 miles with Nola.

Wednesday - walked 1.5 miles with Nola & ran for 30 minutes...approximately 2.5 miles

Thursday - walk 1.5 miles with Nola.

Friday - walk 1.5 miles & ran for 30 minutes, 2.5 miles

Saturday - I rested, and it was glorious.

Sun - This week's long run was 4 miles of running with nearly 1 mile cool down on the treadmill, not counting the walk home. The last mile was hard, and I extended the walk from 1 to 1.5 minutes to give me a little more recovery time.

Goal: 18-19 miles.
total distance this week: 17.5
mileage on these shoes: 120
interval this week: 3:1

Very close to goal this week, even without walking on Sat or Sun. I'm feeling good about the routine. My legs feel strong, and I'm starting to push the speed a little. Now, I'm nowhere near as fast as I'd like to be, and right now, my lungs start to burn after running at a 10-min mile pace for 3 minutes. I can't keep that pace up without tiring out too soon, but I am able to keep running for 3 minutes at a 12-11 minute mile consistently.

No comments:

Post a Comment