Monday, August 8, 2011

Week 13

Last week was good, and my goal is to keep it going this week while adding yoga back in. It takes 21 days to make a new habit. So, if I can get 3 runs in this week and next week, I'll be doing really well. I do need to get some new inserts for my running shoes though. My dogs were barking after yesterday's run.

Monday - walked 1.5 miles with Nola and did 1 hour of yoga. It was fabulous and followed by a yoga-high which I haven't had in ages, and I'm looking forward to doing it again tomorrow. I'm so glad to have fixed the old DVD to play on the iPad. This rocks.

Tuesday - walked 1.5 miles with the dog. It was nice. There was a cooling breeze, and it felt as if rain would come soon. No such luck on the rain, but Nola and I will take the cool wind.

Wednesday - walk and a shorter run. Building speed, I'm going to try 3.25-3.5 minute runs at a 11 minute mile pace with 1 minute walks for 30 minutes. -- Oops. I completely forgot about increasing the time on my run, but my body isn't quite ready for it yet anyway. I was able to do 2/3 of my run at an 11 minute mile pace, but couldn't keep that up for the whole 30 minutes. However, I did run for 35 minutes total, 3 miles altogether with the warm-up and cool-down.

Thursday - walked 1.5 miles with Nola. The humidity made it tough this morning. After only 10 minutes, I was covered in sweat, but we kept at it and did our full loop.

Friday - walk, yoga and short run. Pushing the speed again, I'll try to match Wednesday's results...hopefully moving a little faster. -- I only did yoga on Monday. My schedule simply hasn't allowed the extra hour in the morning, but that's really no excuse. There's plenty of time in the evening. BUT, all the more reason to get back to it today. I'm even telecommuting while writing this, and that shaves nearly 2 hours of driving time. I won't do 2 hours of yoga, but there's no reason to not get my vinyasa on.

Saturday - I just don't seem to have time on Saturdays for exercise, not with an 8am class for Nola and then dog training work till 4 in the afternoon.

Sunday - I wasn't feeling all that great and only ran 3 miles, but at least it's something.

Goal: 20 miles.
total distance this week: 14
mileage on these shoes: 164

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog! 152 miles...impressive. Trying to lose 50 pounds by Christmas, so I am now on a mission.

    ReplyDelete